Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Sunday 27 July 2014

Soppy Sunday: Wedding Reading Ideas - Issue 4, My Choices

Ooooooh how is your weekend so far? Good I hope. Today I have a personal edition of Soppy Sunday for you and I bring you my Wedding Readings. More will come about my own Wedding over the course of the blog but one of the first things I did was to ask my father-in-law and my cousin if they would mind doing a reading for us.

Rather than choosing a reading for each of them to read, I actually asked them to choose one but to be mindful that we were getting married in church. Both of them chose quite popular and traditional readings which I was totally fine with.

The reason I was fine with it was actually because I had been a Wedding Planner for 3 years so I had heard them said a lot and it was wonderful to know that those words would finally be said for me and Ben. The day that we got married we had been together for exactly 10 years and had been engaged for around 6.5. So I had done my fair share of waiting.

The first reading is our Bible reading and is one that most people can reel off the first few lines of. My husband is one of 4 and at his sister's wedding it was read by a close family friend and then at his brother's it was also read by his father. So it is a family tradition shall we say. My in laws will be celebrating 50 years of marriage next year and this was also read at their wedding all those years ago. So for these reasons, it will also have a special place in my heart and in my family. My father-in-law has always said that you need to re-read this passage every now and then and remind yourself what everything is for. As I type this, I am welling up because it is so incredibly true. I don't think you have to be religious to appreciate these words.


Chapter 13 of the First Epistle to the Corinthians

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


The second reading always feels real whenever I hear it. My cousin who read this on our wedding day is like my big brother and it was an honour to have him reading it. It offers what I would say is a guide to married life even though I am only a few months in, officially, to my own.


 

"The Art Of Marriage" by Wilferd A. Peterson

Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.
A good marriage must be created.
In the art of marriage the little things are the big things...

It is never being too old to hold hands.

It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.

It is never going to sleep angry.

It is at no time taking the other for granted;
the courtship should not end with the honeymoon,
it should continue through all the years.

It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.
It is standing together facing the world.

It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.

It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude
of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy.

It is speaking words of appreciation
and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.

It is not looking for perfection in each other.
It is cultivating flexibility, patience,
understanding and a sense of humour.

It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.

It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.

It is finding room for the things of the spirit.
It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.

It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal,
dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal.

It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.

It is discovering what marriage can be, at its best.

 

So there we have it....what will you have?

Love

Katie x