Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Sunday 27 July 2014

Real Weddings: Hayley & Mike's Wedding at Mickefield Hall in Hertfordshire by Alexis Jaworski Photography

Bonjour ca va? Sunday once again and I can't stretch to saying its my favourite day of the week but I do love Sundays. There is something about them for sure.

Are you ready to go to Hertfordshire for today's Real Wedding? Well today we have the big day for Hayley and Mike who got married at Hexton Manor. Mastermind behind the camera is Alexis Jaworski whom we haven't featured on the blog as yet but we do think this is a great first wedding.

So lets take a look at the Wedding that was...enjoy.

All images are courtesy of Alexis Jaworksi Photography - find more on the website and blog here. 

One of the things that I will remember from Hayley and Mike’s wedding is how genuine, caring and fun they both are and I really felt welcomed by both families and friends on their wedding day! They chose the beautiful venue of Micklefield Hall, which is one of my favourite one’s to work at and the day was beautiful from beginning to end!  Wedding photography at Micklefield Hall is just beautiful with so many areas and backdrops available.
The day started at Hayley’s parents house where the girls were having their hair and make up done and there was a relaxed and festive mood as I arrived. The bridesmaids were having fun and it included a rendition of Gangnam style for the amusement of all of us present in the room. Hayley and Mike had chosen to get married at the local church where Hayley’s parents attend at weekends. A beautiful church and service, but I was unfortunately only allowed to take a few shots from the back. It is always slightly disappointing when vicars impose those restrictions, considering how silent new cameras are and how discretely I work but I still managed to capture a few frames for the lovely couple to remember some of the service. It was raining as the service finished, however luckily it didn’t last too long and guests were able to enjoy the beautiful grounds at Micklefield Hall, a gorgeous venue and lovely staff!
The day was relaxed with a few traditions such as the throw of the bouquet which I always like capturing and after the meal a few speeches followed,  all of which were very entertaining and heartfelt! I covered the day until shortly after the first dance and then took Hayley and Mike for a final portrait by the lake at Micklefield Hall before leaving them to enjoy the rest of the party.

Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-8Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-32Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-34Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-37Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-47Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-61Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-70Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-78Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-82


Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-86Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-88Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-96Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-115Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-124Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-142Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-145Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-149Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-166Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-203Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-205Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-218Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-230Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-226Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-232Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-238Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-239Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-249Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-251Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-253Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-257Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-262Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-294Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-303Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-304Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-307Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-305Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-315Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-328Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-337Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-351Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-353Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-357Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-365Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-367Wedding Photography Micklefield Hall-371