Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Sunday 20 July 2014

Real Weddings: Sarah & Phil's Wedding at Hexton Manor, Hertfordshire by Helen Lisk Photography

Sunday is upon us and if you are anything like me it is the day for washing, ironing and the rest is for relaxation. I hope in the midst of all this relaxing you can spare a few moments to take a peek at today's Real Wedding which comes from Hertfordshire.

Helen Lisk Photography will be the one to take us on a photographic journey through Sarah and Phil's Wedding which took place at Hexton Manor. I am a sucker for a marquee as I just love what is created from a blank canvas. I am also rather partial to a bake off - more the eating it than the baking just to speed up consumption.

So without further ado (as my breakfast is ready - omelette yum yum), we shall get on with the Real Wedding.

All images are courtesy of Helen Lisk Photography, for more information visit the website and blog here.

Love Katie x

Congratulations to Sarah and Philip, who celebrated their wedding at Hexton Manor in Hertfordshire last weekend.  Hexton Manor is an 18th century house set in beautiful parkland, with a walled garden and a gorgeous lake, and huge amounts of space to spread out and explore. Sarah and Phil had their ceremony inside the house, then enjoyed drinks by the lake afterwards in the sunshine. The guests then wandered round to the walled garden to sit down for the wedding breakfast in the lovely marquee there. Guests were invited to bring a cake to enter for The Great Wedding Bake Off - the cakes were displayed and tested by a row of willing volunteer guests, before being shortlisted, and judged by the bride and groom in their hilarious (and somehow slightly scary!) Mary and Paul masks. The cakes were all then served up as the wedding pudding - what a brilliant idea!

It is pretty impressive that Sarah and Phil managed to pull together such a beautiful wedding - with three year old twins, I can't imagine they have an awful lot of time left in the day. However, they did create something really wonderful, and it was a gorgeous day to photograph. I'm looking forward to editing the rest of their images - in the meantime, here is a preview of their wedding:





Lovely suppliers involved in this wedding:

Venue is Hexton Manor, Hertfordshire
Sarah's dress designed by Cymbeline, fitted by Mirror Mirror, Islington
Sarah's shoes by Rachel Simpson
Flowers by Stephanie Rose
Hair and make up by Charlie Pearcy
Stationery by Wren and Meadow