Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Thursday 24 July 2014

Real Weddings: Donna & Jimmy's Wedding at Old Wardour Castle by Angela Ward Brown Photography

Good morning, are you ready for another Real Wedding? Today we have a Wedding which was photographed by Angela Ward Brown Photography. I always really enjoy looking at Castle weddings, there is something so fairytale about them to me. But today's is one with a bit of a twist. I haven't really ever seen much of Old Wardour Castle before but that's probably my Lancashire-ness coming out in me.

Donna and Jimmy look like they had an absolute blast and I am awe of Donna's Wedding Day Style. She really does look stunning with what I would say is a non-traditional look - its refreshing to see a Bride that isn't afraid to step away from classic styling on themselves and not just their venue. I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy looking through these images just as much as me.

All images are courtesy of Angela Ward Brown Photography - please visit her website and blog here for more great work!

Love Katie x

Hallo all!   Today on the blog I have Donna & Jimmy’s lovely, chilled, festival style wedding for you.  And it was ace.
Donna fell in love with the grand ruins at Old Wardour (and who can blame her – it is a beautiful building, filled with places to explore and take pictures.  It was my first time there, and I kind of fell for it too).  They wanted somewhere for their reception that was closer to their home, but which had a relaxed & homely feel in counter to the grandiose castle they were married in, so she booked the stunning Riverside Cottage in Bransbury, and bedecked it with tipis, a dancefloor, a music stage, and some pretty darn stunning vintage vehicles (including an excellent Wolseley Six Police car (info at hawkmoth@hotmail.com) to take them to the ceremony because, as Donna put it, she was always a bit of a tearaway!).  Add into the mix a lovely set of family & friends, a delicious South African feast from the brilliant (and it must be said, absurdly good looking) team from Nyama Catering, and  Voila!  A mini-festival and a day to remember.  Donna did so much herself to make it look beautiful, and she did a sterling job – from setting the tipi to designing  invitations & signing boards. And their passion for music was evident throughout the day, from AK’s beautiful song during the service, to their choice of fantastic performers in the evening (Echotape & Dave McPherson)  Thank you so much for having me there Jimmy & Donna, and your lovely families – I really enjoyed myself.  xx


wedding photographer in hampshirewedding photographer hampshire_0470wedding photographer hampshire_0471wedding photographer hampshire_0472wedding photographer hampshire_0473wedding photographer hampshire_0474wedding photographer hampshire_0475wedding photographer hampshire_0476wedding photographer hampshire_0477wedding photographer hampshire_0478wedding photographer hampshire_0479wedding photographer hampshire_0480wedding photographer hampshire_0481wedding photographer hampshire_0482wedding photographer hampshire_0483wedding photographer hampshire_0484wedding photographer hampshire_0485wedding photographer hampshire_0486wedding photographer hampshire_0487wedding photographer hampshire_0489wedding photographer hampshire_0490wedding photographer hampshire_0491wedding photographer hampshire_0492wedding photographer hampshire_0493wedding photographer hampshire_0494wedding photographer hampshire_0495wedding photographer hampshire_0496wedding photographer hampshire_0497wedding photographer hampshire_0498wedding photographer hampshire_0499wedding photographer hampshire_0500wedding photographer hampshire_0501wedding photographer hampshire_0502wedding photographer hampshire_0503wedding photographer hampshire_0504wedding photographer hampshire_0505wedding photographer hampshire_0506wedding photographer hampshire_0507wedding photographer hampshire_0508wedding photographer hampshire_0509wedding photographer hampshire_0510wedding photographer hampshire_0511wedding photographer hampshire_0512wedding photographer hampshire_0513wedding photographer hampshire_0514wedding photographer hampshire_0515wedding photographer hampshire_0516wedding photographer hampshire_0517wedding photographer hampshire_0518wedding photographer hampshire_0519wedding photographer hampshire_0520wedding photographer hampshire_0521wedding photographer hampshire_0522wedding photographer hampshire_0523