Today we have Part 2 of our DIY Hair Season and today we have a fabulous feature from Once Wed in the form of a Rope Braid updo.
Don't fancy trying it yourself, maybe this is the perfect look for your Bridesmaids?
Remember if you do opt for this look we would love to see!
Tutorial and all images courtesy of OnceWed
DIY Rope Braid Updo
How fun is this DIY Rope Braid Updo from Heidi Marie Garrett, Amy Clarke, and Bryce Covey? We loved this updo because 1. it’s fun! 2. it’s unexpected 3. it’s classy and playful all at the same time. Would you be bold enough to wear an unexpected wedding hairstyle like this? Tell us your thoughts!
1) Separate hair into four sections: two side sections and two back sections
2) Place the section located at the crown into a ponytail and create two braids
3) Loosen each braid by gently pulling on each loop
4) Lay the first braid across the top of the head and secure with bobby pins
5) Lay the second braid across the top of the head and secure with bobby pins
6) Braid the back section UP
7) Loop and roll the back braid up to join the first set of braids and secure with bobby pins
8) Twist the first side section and place it up and over the top of the head
9) Twist the second side section and place it up over the top of the head and secure with bobby pinsTip:
Once you have finished securing all the hair with bobby pins, gently pull on small sections of the braids and twists to create a more tousled look.