Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Friday 26 September 2014

The Planning Edition: Choosing your Groomsmen

For the large part this is your soon to be husbands job; however you need to get this outlined before after a few beers on a Friday night he starts asking the world. Its easily done.

First things first he will need to decide if its Best Man or Best Men - these days Bromance means that he may well not be able to narrow it down. Be assured that it does work and the pressure is off a little for the men when they are sharing the duties. I have seen it where they have been torn between their oldest friend and a work friend - whom they see every day. It does work, I promise. Speeches can be split and I am sure they would be more than happy to work together.

Do you need Ushers? If so who will they be? Are there any Brothers between you? Any Nephews who could take on the challenge? Or maybe a couple of friends. Ushers are important if you have a lot of guests so that there is some element of control when guests arrive.



One thing to bear in mind is that these people will be with your other half the night before or at least the morning of the wedding. There should be someone amongst the men that is organised, punctual and a calming influence across the brood.

In comparison to the Bridesmaids, the Ushers and Best Man/Men pose very little cost. After all its the suit if you are hiring or ties if they are using their own and a buttonhole. There is no bag, shoes, hair accessories.

You don't need to have equal number of Bridesmaids to Ushers in my opinion - that goes against choosing people because you want them and more to make it an even number.

Your husband should feel that he has chosen his men ultimately. This is equally as much of an honour as being chosen as a Bridesmaid.

Hope today's pearls of wisdom offer some help.

Love Katie x