Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Sunday 28 September 2014

The Wedding Planner becomes the Bride: My Hollywood Dreams Dress

Hello and happy Sunday to you. Did you like this morning's real wedding? They just keep getting better and better don't they.

If you read the blog last Sunday you will remember that I told you all about me creating my own Wedding Dress and that today I would be revealing all. Finally the wait is over for you.

But before I show you I want to tell you about when I saw it for the first time. We got married in February so I chose my dress in April and went through two stages of a calico before the wonderful white creation arrived late November.

I have to say I was beyond excited to see it, to the point where the suspense was in fact nearly killing me. I didn't have a wobble as such but I think when you don't have a photograph to keep looking at its a lot harder. When it did arrive in store I was there the following day. I couldn't concentrate at work on the Friday and I was totally beside myself. If you have got round to this in your plans yet you will know exactly what I mean.

By this point I may add I done most of the planning and I was just about embarking on making my order of services and place cards etc which was going to be keeping me busy through December and over Christmas. I only had my bouquet style and flowers to choose, the suits to order and had yet to have my hair and make up trial. So there was enough to have kept me going. But until I got to the dress shop that morning I still didn't feel like it was me that was getting married.

A lot of people become Wedding Planners through the love of planning their own wedding. Which by the way I can completely 100% understand as it is just amazing. But as I was one before we got married I must say I tackled some parts with that head on rather than being just a Bride. My experience of course came in handy with everything so I would much rather have had it this way round!

But this feeling all changed when I saw my dress.

I was a bit mean to my mum I made her wait to see it. She would never get that moment again after all. I wanted it to have that wow impact and to be fair I wanted her to have it more because so much of the planning process was taken away from her - we weren't going around all the wedding fayres looking for suppliers so a bit of the fun was taken out of it. The dress though would be the one thing because of course I had never tried it all on before.

I went into the dressing room and I am not joking when I say that it filled the room! The train was the longest thing I had ever ever seen. I immediately cried and sent my sister for a tissue. As I am writing this I am actually filling up just remembering!

It wasn't finished as my flowers and straps weren't on yet but it was just fabulous. I couldn't believe it was mine! My wedding dress after all these years, I was the one getting married and I would be finally Ben's wife.
So Julie the lovely lady there got me in it after I stopped blubbering and then I got my shoes and tiara and veil on and walked out to show my mum. I carefully walked out and she did the required gasp, hand to chest and tears were flowing. I couldn't have asked for anymore.

When I looked in the mirror I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked, I looked ok but did have tear stains through my make up so it could have gone better. My train was breathtaking and long enough even for me.

Here are some pictures of the day I tried my dress on for the first time plus some more later on in the process. I had two further appointments to add straps and flowers on before picking it up the Tuesday before the big day. All in all I made 7 trips to my dress shop from the designer day to the calico to taking it home. Wonderful memories of it all.








So as you can see I am not joking when I say I nearly filled the whole shop!



Got a dress story to tell - I'd love to hear all about it email me at blissweddings@outlook.com

Love Katie x