Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Monday 25 August 2014

The Maids Edition Part 1 : Choosing your Bridesmaids

I am not sure about you but when I was little I used to dream about my wedding day. When I got older me and my friends used to make pinky promises that we would all stay friends forever and be each others Bridesmaids.

Pinky_Promise_Logo_Cropped

When you grow up and realise that per Bridesmaid there is an overwhelming cost with honouring each and every one of those promises.

What I am going to do is tackle each of the things which I feel you need to consider when choosing your bridesmaids but before I do that I am going to terrify you with what comes with each Bridesmaid

Dresses
Shoes, bag, hair accessories, jewellery
Bouquet
On the day hair and make-up
Thank you gift

Just having the one now are we? I'm kidding.


I personally had my sister as Chief Bridesmaid, 2 friends, 2 younger bridesmaids (15 and 11) and a flower girl (3). So yes I can speak from experience and say that it is one expensive affair with 6 in total. But its not even just the cost.

Here are my brood:
















You need to ensure the people that you chose are for the right reasons - don't ask someone because you were their Bridesmaid or because of those pinky promises.

Consider the relationships you have with your shortlisted Bridesmaids - who could you totally depend on and who do you really believe deserve the honour.

Think about those on your partners side - it would be a nice touch to include them too.

Think about your overall guest list - you don't want a football team when you have a small guest list.

Do you have an adorable little girl that could be your flower girl?


Do you have your list now? The important thing to remember is to stick to your guns once you have made your decision. From the moment you get married there will be quite a few people lined up ready with their acceptance speech and their shocked faces. But you can't have them all and if you asked everyone their role wouldn't be as important to you.

Until next time

Love Katie x