Welcome to the Bliss Weddings Blog.

Well a Big Hello to you, its lovely to see you.

I am Katie and since 2010 I have been Planning & Co-ordinating Weddings.

In February 2014 I put my planning skills to good use when I got married myself to my lovely husband Ben. We got married 10 years to the day since our journey began - so as you can imagine I had set myself a big big challenge but I did pull it off even if I do say so myself.

So after a little bit of time away I am now back here to share the delights of all things Wedding. Regular features will be Honeymoon Hotspot, Wedding Venues, Pop the Questions, Soppy Sundays, Real Weddings plus much more as the blog goes on.

AND I am planning on sharing my Wedding experience with you all too.

So enjoy, come back soon and why not get in touch blissweddings@outlook.com

Katie x



Wednesday 20 August 2014

2 People 1 Life: Welcoming Lisa & Alex to the blog and Wedding Number 1

Some of you may have heard about Lisa and Alex and like me you may have followed their journey intently. As soon as I made the decision to focus more on blogging I just knew this remarkable story had to be featured. If you don't know their story I shall tell you a little about them.

Lisa and Alex were a couple in love and decided to pack up their lives and make their way to Australia in their campervan Peggy. You could say they were embarking on an adventure just by doing that. Then they had the wonderful idea of getting married in every country they visit en route to their new home in Australia to find the ultimate place to get married. Once they have they intend to go back and do it all again!

As I write this they have said I Do 62 times! Wow.

They have certainly been busy, each wedding is wonderfully different and incorporates local culture and traditions. I know that you will love hearing and reading about their journey - I am in total awe and I know you will fall in love with them just as much as I have.

Today I bring you Wedding Number 1 which took place down the road from me here in Didsbury. All images and following words are courtesy of 2 People 1 Life.

Love Katie x


I don’t have any idea where to start to tell you just how magical the whole weddingwas! Alex had thought of everything! From vows to confetti throwers…we had it all!!!
I had had my hair done-Zoe, and my birdcage put in – silver sixpence in her shoe, my make up done ( a first!!!!) – Emma, a glass of champagne – Nikki, a bite of a cherry bakewell ( the nerves had got to me) – Mr Kipling, and been fastened into Tabitha ( which fit like a glove having only one fitting!)- Charlotte Balbier. It couldn’t get any better; until I was handed the most GORGEOUS bouquet I had ever seen- Sian, full of peonies, sweet Williams, lavender, mint and vintage English rose buds, the exact flowers I would have chosen myself…all on film-and of course photographed! I felt like a very spoilt princess!
I left White Closet with My Mum and Dad to walk me across to the Metropolitan pub, Didsbury to meet Alex with Johnny  Draper and ‘pearls and Lace’ running along in front and behind so my Dad had no chance of escaping the camera, We laughed about how well everyone had done to keep the secret and how much of an amazing job Alex had done to pull it all together!


My nerves had relaxed after a few more pictures and a bit of a time out while Johnny sorted everyone out and Dad and I walked in to Gavin and John ( The Coolers) singing an acoustic version of wonderful tonight! I couldn’t believe how many people where there! About 30-40 of our family and friends sat there to see our first wedding!! All of them co-conspirators I might add….but then I saw Alex! I was absolutely blown away! He looked so handsome and so nervous and I rushed to get to his side!
I had a moment to look around while the song came to an end and noticed the gorgeous flowers matching my bouquet from the Flower Lounge draped around  freestanding  Candelabras and Candle vases. It proved that dreams can come true!
Alex had arranged for Jim Gregory (public speaker) to hold the ceremony which was amazing and we will add this to another blog for you to read. Then Ilan, a close friend did a reading by Dr Zeus (tweaked to fit of course) again which we will add to the blog ‘wedding ceremony speeches and poems’ and then for the vows which of course made both Alex and I a little teary as they were so lovely and we meant every single word as we said them. Jim pronounced us 2people1life and told Alex he could kiss me. It was perfect!
After we had regained composure Andrea also read out a poem that she had bought us as a wedding gift! You will also find this in ‘wedding ceremony speeches and poems’…and it got us started all over again almost blubbing!! With cameras at every corner and bookshelf (the wedding was held in the library at theMetropolitan pub, Didsbury) I managed not to smudge my beautiful make up by Emma all over my face and Alex stayed manly looking and didn’t cry!!
We walked back up the aisle together to  Gavin and John singing and that was the first real chance I had had to see who had been keeping this huge secret from me and gasped as everyone came up and congratulated us both!! Family, old friends, new friends and lots of new faces all of whom had helped Alex put the day together so well!
Johnny got everyone sorted outside and we came out of the door to confetti
and bubbles supplied by and all things nice and very well thrown by our guests and some of the children from Cavendish School who had made us the most beautiful cards and almost made me cry again at how adorable they were!
Everyone had made such an effort for our special day and this was only just the beginning!
Lisa x